With festival season just around the corner, I thought it wold be a good idea to put this survival guide together for both my sanity and yours. I'll be attending Bestival in just a couple of weeks and I can't wait! If you have any tips, let me know because I would love to hear it.
1. THE MINI: I love mini skirts, tiny dresses and short shorts. Nothing makes me happier in the summer than showing some leg so I'll be applying the same rule to Bestival!
2. FLATS: I just picked up these adorable tanned gladiator sandals. They're comfortable and on trend for SS15 but of course I'll also have my Birks on standby because nothing beats those!
3. ARM CANDY: Bandanas, rings and bracelets galore, the more the merrier. Just keep on stacking sister!
4. THE BAG: I love cross body's in general but even more for events when I need to be comfortable and hands free. Tote bags are also excellent for summer and I can't wait to use my new TOM's tote for picnics, farmers markets and of course, festivals (duh).
HAIR & BEAUTY
5. HAIR: Braids and messy buns are easy, casual and uber cute when you're spending the day outdoors. Since I have short hair I prefer a hat. It keeps my hair from becoming big and frizzy and protects my scalp from sunburn. Have you ever had that? It hurts so bad and I never want to go through that again!
6. MAKEUP: Keep it light but have fun. Skip the foundation and try a tinted moisturizer instead. Tinted lip balms, coloured eye liners and sweat proof mascara (like Cover Girl and Benefit) are just the ticket to help you survive through the day. If you want to have a bit more fun with your look, try coloured eye liners. I was lucky enough to get an advance on the Benefit They're Real coloured Liners and they are AMAZING! It stays in tact even after my intense bootcamp class so I think it's safe to say it'll survive Bestival.
7. SPF: An awesome SPF and a wide brim hat are a must have if you're going to be out all day. Also keep in mind that the sun's harmful rays are still out even when it's cloudy.
8. H2O: Keep hydrated and drink lots of water. Under all of that sun and outdoor festival activity, your body needs it and will thank you for it.
9. EAT WELL: It might sound weird but when you have a sensitive stomach like mine and you eat vegan diet, you have to think ahead sometimes. I make my own trail mix or granola (to control the sugar content) and munch on fruits and veggies. Also try to stay away from caffeine, sugar and alcohol if you can. The cleaner the better.
10. HAVE FUN! Sit back, listen to the music and relax. It's all good now!