In my opinion, January and February are the worst months for fashion in Toronto. It's too cold to truly be excited about getting dressed and all I really want to wear is head to toe fleece. With that being said, this month's faves will be focused on beauty & accessories - my winter saviors from dry skin and shiny golds to brighten up dark, gloomy winter days.
WINTER BEAUTY SURVIVAL KIT
Somewhere along the way I realized that even though my skin is oily, it still needs lots of moisture to keep hydrated in the winter months but it's all about finding the right skincare!
- My Consonant Skincare routine is still going strong so these products get mega shoutouts from me! I like to mix it up once a week by adding a bit of SBT Seabuckthorn fruit & seed oil to my moisturizer at night, and the next morning I wake up to baby butt soft skin.
- Exfoliating during the winter is a must and aside from dry brushing, I'm using this DHE Mask once a week to keep my face fresh.
- I recently started using this Kiss My Face spray moisturizing lotion and I love it! It's easy to use and the lavender scent keeps me hopeful that spring is just around the corner. (Please hurry! I can't take this weather anymore! *whimper*)
- Winter hair can get nuts with static and dryness and It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin is the shit! My frizz goes away and my hair is soft, shiny and manageable. I hear it's hard to find in Canada so grab it at Target before it's gone.
DEWY SKIN 101 FOR DUMMIES
I have to credit my BFF Diana, for two things- 1. Introducing me to NYX (cruelty free, cheap cosmetics) 2. Korean dramas. I just finished my first K drama series and all I wanted was the young dewy skin that all of the boys and girls have!
- Go get yourself a Beauty Blender if you don't already have one. It's a must have for airbrushed makeup. Just go get one. Not the cheapie rip off kind, but the real deal. You can thank me later.
- Revlon Colourstay Makeup - I heard about this foundation on a YouTube channel and it is so good! It lasts all day and doesn't look cakey. I just wish they had more colours since the shades range from fair to medium and that doesn't include yellow based tones. (Hi Revlon, I'm Latin and my skin is olive. Remember that ethnic people like to buy makeup too!) It's too bad because the formula is great but I'm still searching for the right makeup shade.
- My Nars Radiant Concealer is still a fave and it's excellent for erasing my dark under eye circles. A light dusting of this NYX Radiant powder makes my skin a bit more lively. Finally I like to set my makeup with the Dewy Finish setting spray. It's a bit of heaven sent from the makeup gods. Canadian friends, I know there isn't much NYX left at Target these days but you can always grab it at Rexall!
GO FOR THE GOLD
Like I said in the intro, getting dressed for -30 degree weather isn't always fun but accessorizing sure is! This month was all about the jewelry and even though some of these pieces are new, I know I'm going to wear them lots!
- Lisbeth Jewelry makes some of my favourite necklaces and when I see them in person for the first time, I can't get over how much better they look IRL! Worn alone or layered in 2's or 3's these pieces go with pretty much everything, including head to toe fleece!
- I met Khariz, designer of Lola's Vanity, last January before I began blogging and fell in love with her designs. I bought a few pieces from her back then that are still my faves (this knuckle ring!) and I just acquired this amazing double ring in brass. Her designs are simple and always perfect.
- When I was a kid living in Miami I had a set of bangles that I loved. I wore them in stacks on my little arms and even at 5 years old, I knew what was hot. Then we moved to Canada and the bangles were no more. These super stunning bracelets from OST New York take me back to when I first started loving fashion. I've been wearing them non stop and love how they clink together. My 5 year old self would be proud.
*Some pieces mentioned in this post are PR samples or gifts. Read my disclaimer here.
Founded by Nathalie Martin in 2014, WoahStyle offers compelling content and thoughtful features which are designed to bring you the latest from the world of beauty, fashion and travel.