NYE BRUNCH WITH NESPRESSO
The holidays aren't over just yet people! Are you ready for round two?! As we gear up towards New Years Eve, more parties and brunch with the fam, I thought it would be fun to bring you guys a recipe to try this NYE weekend featuring poached eggs on toast, a personal fave in my house.
This isn't any egg on toast though. This is Wild Mushrooms & Coffee On Toast (!!!), a recipe by chef Olivier Perret at Renior in Montreal. I tried it at the Nespresso holiday breakfast when they launched the limited holiday coffee flavours and let me just say, these eggs are yuuummmm! I would have had seconds, and thirds, except I would have looked like a piggy asking for more. LOL
I'll be serving this dish for brunch on New Year's day alongside my cup of Nespresso and homemade donuts. Trust me, you'll want to do the same. It's a pretty simple dish to put together and it'll impress the heck out of your guests! Mmmm. Is it the weekend yet?
RECIPE: WILD MUSHROOM & COFFEE ON TOAST
- 11 oz. wild mushrooms (chanterelle with stem)
- 2 gloves of minced garlic
- 1 French shallot, minced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- A pinch of each; fresh parsley, chives, thyme and basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 brewed capsule of Grand Cru Intenso Nespresso coffee
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 7 oz. buffalo mozzarella
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sauté mushrooms in olive oil for 5-6 mins.
- Season with salt + pepper.
- Add garlic and shallot, stir for 2 mins.
- Add stock and chopped herbs. Reduce liquid by 3/4.
- Add butter and coffee. Stir continuously over high heat for 3 mins.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool.
- Boil water in a pot with a pinch of salt and the white vinegar.
- Poach eggs for 3 mins each (drop them into the water one at a time).
- Remove eggs from water and drain on paper towel.
- Cut the mozzarella into thin slices and lightly season with salt + pepper.
- Toast bread until golden brown.
On each toasted bread slice, arrange mozzarella slices and sautéed mushrooms, then top with a poached egg. Add a touch of olive oil. Serve with your favourite coffee.
Recipe by Olivier Perret, Chef at Renoir, Sofitel Montreal
SHOP NESPRESSO VERTUOLINE
Wild Mushroom & Coffee On Toast recipe by Olivier Perret.
In collaboration with Nespresso Canada. All photos and opinions are my own.