Testing recipes from CHRISSY TEIGEN’S Cravings
Something you guys might not know about me is that I love to cook and in fact, before I started WoahStyle.com, I had a crafting/ cooking blog where I used to post all of my recipes. For the first few years of years of my marriage I spent a lot of time in the kitchen experimenting with new recipes and perfecting my baking skills. Geoff and I used to entertain a lot in those days but eventually it fizzled out because life got too busy and we started to eat lots of take away food. Sad I know. In the spirit of getting back into cooking, I logged onto Amazon and ordered Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings. I’m a vegetarian and Geoff isn’t so I thought it would be a fun challenge to try to make some of her recipes veggie friendly and omit meat. Our first recipe to try is Chrissy’s Dutch Baby Pancakes! If you’re looking for a super easy recipe to whip together this weekend and impress the taste buds of your family and friends, try these because they’re better than they look!
SHOP THE POST
DUTCH BABY PANCAKES
I've substituted some ingredients below in hopes of making the recipe more "healthy" and less dairy ridden. The results is a bit flatter then the Dutch Baby pictured in Teigen's cookbook, but they came out pretty damn tasty and fluffy nonetheless. You can stick to the original recipe (by using the crossed out ingredients) or follow mine if you want.
all purpose flour brown rice flour, sifted
4 large eggs
whole milk almond milk, at room temp
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick)
butter vegan butter, melted Ms. Butterworth's pancake syrup Maple syrup
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Whisky together flour, eggs, milk, salt and the 2 tablespoons of melted butter and combine until smooth with no lumps.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted and bubbly. Add the batter immediately and put the skillet in the oven.
- Bake until the pancake is fluffy and a deep golden brown colour for about 17-20 mins. The pancake will puff up crazy and uneven.
- Remove from the oven and cut into quarters. Pour maple syrup over the slices and dust with powdered sugar.
- Bon apetit!
Photography by Nathalie Martin.
Affiliate marketing links in this story are used as form of compensation.