HOW TO: SHOP LUXURY CONSIGNMENT
I've been asked a few times why it is that I mainly write positive reviews on my blog. Well, I'll tell you why. It's because I chose to feature products and brands that I'm passionate about, therefore excited to share with you guys. Makes sense right?
My latest review is from one of Canada's largest online consignment shops called Love That Bag. They're proudly Canadian, based out of Montreal and specialize in luxury handbags. I worked with them on this story to show you guys how to style classic luxury handbags, like the beautiful Louis Vuitton Monogram Pochette and, to educate you guys on shopping consignment and how to make it the best possible experience ever!
6 REASONS TO BUY YOUR LUXURY HANDBAG THROUGH CONSIGNMENT
- LOWER PRICES THAN MARKET VALUE because the designer handbags up for sale are pre-owned. You can save anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand off the original price.
- RARE BAGS WILL EVENTUALLY SURFACE. We all have a story about the bag that got away. Mine is the Alexander Wang Marina bag. I once tracked it down through online consignment but I wasn't confident in the seller and therefore never purchased it. If it ever shows up through Love That Bag, it'll be mine!
- EXCELLENT SELCTION. The women of the world who are always buying the latest and greatest bags are the ones selling to LTB which means we get a fresh pick of current bags that are in fabulous condition! (Currently on my radar, the Chanel Black Velvet Mini Boy Bag. #todiefor!)
- WORRY FREE SHOPPING. When I was younger I foolishly bought a rare MBMJ dress on eBay only to find out it was a fake. I filed a complaint but nothing ever came of it and every time I looked at the imposter dress in my closet, I became enraged. I couldn't wear it and I could't resell it so I donated it to a thrift shop and called it a loss. There are a lot of fakes in the market and it's important to shop at a place that prides themselves in providing authentic designer goods.
- LOOKING GOOD! An excellent consignment shop is selective about the condition of the bags they carry which means preloved doesn't have to look second hand. I borrowed two bags from LTB and both of them are in superb condition and came accompanied with dust bags. (BTW - I should mention they don't lend out bags but made an exception for me here. Thank you!)
- THE EXCITEMENT! Part of the fun is the thrill of discovery and not knowing what you're going to find.
WORD TO THE WISE: I can't stress enough how important it is to buy from a reputable place like Love That Bag. I once bought a Celine Trio bag from a Toronto online consignment shop for the first and last time ever. When my bag arrived in the mail, I was appalled to see it was shipped in one of these plastic envelopes without the slightest bit of tissue around the bag to protect it. Yes the bag was authentic, but sadly it was in poor shape and didn't look like the beautiful bag online. To top it off, I realized after that they had charged me in USD so the bag cost me more than I had anticipated.
That experience obviously burned me. I want to make sure that you guys don't go through what I did and have a fun shopping expierince. I hope my How To guide helped!
POP UP SHOP ALERT!
Love That Bag will have pop-up sale in Montreal , at the nail salon, Barbarella at 3833 rue Saint Jacques.
Dates / Hours:
September 17 & 18: 10 AM - 9 PM
September 19: 10 AM - 6 PM
They will have a selection of bags from their website available for purchase and they'll be looking at bags that people want to sell. Make sure you stop by if you're in the area!