NYE MAKEUP: HOT PINK GLITTER EYES
I love pink and I especially pink eyeshadow. Hot pink is edgy, feminine and makes a strong statement that's perfect for New Years Eve. If you're feeling especially daring, add some pink glitter and falsies for major drama!
This look actually pretty versatile and it's as dramatic as you want it to be. I used hot pink blush on the inner parts of my eyes to bring out the colours because I really wanted to pink to stand out. If you want a day time version of this look, stick to the lighter shades I've suggested below for a more subdued version.
The items listed below are the exact products I used to help achieve my hot pink dramatic makeup. If you don't have the items listed here, don't feel pressured to go out and buy everything. For anyone looking for similar items on a budget, NYX and Colour Pop are two cosmetics companies that are cruelty free that can help you recreate this look for an affordable price.
Lastly I should mention that I used a matte red liquid lipstick in place of eyeliner. Some people might have a sensitivity to the red pigment around their eyes so feel free to skip this step and replace it with a black liner instead.
Overall, I love the look! I’m really happy with the hot pink eye makeup and I hope to share more of these kind of posts with you guys in the future.
Make sure you share on Pinterest if you’re a fan and subscribe to my newsletter if you don’t want to miss any posts. 2017 is going to be filled with more beauty and style lookbooks so make sure you stay connected and Happy New Year!!!
SAFETY UPDATE: 12/30/16, 8:40 pm
While watching YouTube this evening I came across a video from KarinaKaboom stating that the ColourPop x Hello Kitty collection isn't safe for eyes based on FDA standards. I'm linking the video for you guys here so you can watch it and base your own opinion. I wanted to bring this to your attention in case you've had eye irritations using ColourPop products. I've personally used the eye shadows that are said to cause irritations and I didn't have any problems. Everyone reacts differently so what doesn't react on my skin might react on yours. I'd suggest using the Sephora Collection eye crayon in Call Girl as an alternative.
Skip ahead to 3:05 in the video to see ColourPop's admission to using pigments that are not safe for eyes in KarinaKaboom's video.
FOUNDATION, POWDER & CONCEALER
- Before foundation, prep your skin with a thin dusting of powder like Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent, $10. Your foundation will look flawless and stay longer too. I learned this trick from makeup artist Wayne Goss and it works!
- I wanted a natural looking, high performing foundation so I used Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water in shade Light/ Medium, $50
- To conceal discolourations and under eye circles I used Smashbox Studio Skin 24 Hour Waterproof Concealer in Light and Light/ Medium, $29 each.
- Dust face with more powder to set makeup.
- Afterwards I patted a bit of Laura Mercier Secret Concealer For Under Eye in shade 2.5, $31, to lighten up my under eyes more.
HOT PINK EYE SHADOW LOOK
- Prime eyelids with Annabelle Cosmetics eye primer in Beige (new for Spring 2017).
- Seal the primer with a light pink shadow from lash to brows with Annabelle Cosmetics single matte eyeshadow in Pink Lemond (new colour for Spring 2017), $5.95.
- Use a fluffy brush on the crease and load it with Too Faced eye shadow in Lovely from the Too Faced x Kat Von D Better Together collab, $79.
- Build up the colour on the crease with a mid-tone pink using MAC eye shadow refill in Sushi Flower, $9. Use the same colour along the lower lash line.
- Use a darker pink colour on the outer corners of the eye. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Love Letter from the Modern Renaissance palette, $55.
- Add a light pink shade on the inner corner of the eye using Colour Pop's eye shadow in Small Gift from the Hello Kitty collab, $18 for 4 shadows.
- Use a vibrant creme shadow on the eye lid like the Sephora Collection Shadow & Liner crayon in Call Girl, $18.
- Add more of Love Letter (ABH deep rich pink) to the outer corner of the eyes and the crease to build up depth even more.
- Using a flat brush, press a bright pink blush Colour Pop bright pink blush in Coin Purse from the Hello Kitty collab, $8, all over the inner part of the eye and the lower lash line.
- Pop some bright pink glitter on the inner part of the eye using Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Junk Show, $30.
- Finally, run a small liner brush loaded with matte red lipstick along the lash line like Colour Pop Ultra Matte lippie in Avenue, $6.
CONTOUR, BLUSH & HIGHLIGHT
Contour with Benefit's Hoola bronzer, $36.
Add a pop of peachy pink blush like Milani's Luminoso, $10.
Apply a shimmery pink blush like Pamplemousse to the apples of the cheeks from Jaclyn Hill's x Becca Champagne Pop palette (limited edition, sold out).
Highlight the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow and inner corner of the eyes with Champagne Pop from Jaclyn Hill's x Becca Champagne Pop palette, (limited edition, sold out).
Set your makeup with Pixi's Makeup Fixing Mist, $20.
In collaboration with Annabelle, Smashbox, Benefit, Pixi by Petra, Consonant Skincare, Tatcha, Charlotte Tilbury and Darphin Paris.
All photos and opinions are my own with exception of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lover Letter eye shadow pic.