It's flu season, and it seems like everyone in my circle of friends and family is sick right now.
When Geoff came down with a nasty cold for the second time in two weeks, I ordered him to stay home from work and sleep it off.
That day, I made sure that he had lots of warm veggie soup, herbal tea, and plenty of ginger and garlic to help boost his immune system back to health.
Of course, as he was getting better, I got sick.
I spent the day in bed, sleeping it off, just like I had recommended to him.
When I couldn't sleep anymore, I grabbed my iPad to browse one of my favourite blogs, goop. Yup, this once-upon-a-time Gwenyth hater is now totally head over heels smitten with her and her site.
A video for something called Warming Tea Latte caught my eye, which inspired me to run to my kitchen to concoct my own version.
The results are exactly what I needed to get better - a drink that feels soothing, comforting to sip on, with the subtle flavours of ginger and cardamom with a hint of sweetness from Manuka honey.
That night I went to bed early and the next morning I woke up feeling a million times better and ready to conquer the day.
Thanks for the idea GP!
RECIPE: Nathalie's Ginger, Turmeric & Cardamom Latte with Manuka Honey
Makes 2 cups
- Almond milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1-inch piece of fresh organic ginger, peeled, washed, and cut
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp, more or less, of Manuka Honey for taste
- Fill a mason jar with half water and half almond milk.
- Throw the water/almond milk mix and all of your ingredients into a saucepan.
- Simmer on low-medium heat for about 30-40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and check in to make sure it's not boiling. Simmer is good. Boiling is not.
- Strain into a mug and enjoy!
- Flavour with more honey if that's your thing.
Founded by Nathalie Martin in 2014, WoahStyle offers compelling content and thoughtful features which are designed to bring you the latest from the world of beauty, fashion and travel.